PECUVi is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
PECUVi may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01.04.2016
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Through filling out the forms on our website we gather your name, business name and contact details.
- We also use Google Analytics to gather data on individual visits to our website.
- We collect data on the number of videos, text messages and DVLA Look-ups that you send.
- We collect the overview data from your garage dashboard (not individual/customer data).
- We may also gather additional information that you provide to us when you are in any other communication.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information primarily to provide the services and goods that you subscribe to from us, but in addition to that it is to help us understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- The data may be used to help with our own marketing to demonstrate the success of the products and services we provide.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information, which we think you may find interesting using the email address, which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes based on the services we provide to you. We may contact you by email or by phone. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We will not pass on or sell your contact details to any third parties without prior consent from you.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The transmission of any information over the Internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you send to us electronically. If we give you, or you create a password to access certain areas of our website, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. There is the option to change your password if you feel that it may have been compromised.
The video processing/hosting service that we use is provided through Amazon Web Services (AWS). The AWS infrastructure puts strong safeguards in place to help protect customer privacy. All data is stored in highly secure AWS data centres. More information on this can be read here
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties, which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Where applicable, we may disclose the information we collect on you within any of our member groups or subsidiaries.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A £10 fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us at: email@example.com or you can write to us: Unit 74, Bowers Mill, Barkisland, Halifax, HX4 0AD.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.